Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Colleges are Reaching Their Limit on Alcohol

Here is an interesting article that YouthSpecialties sent to me.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2005-11-16-colleges-alcohol_x.htm

I am not one to say that having a drink is a sin. For me, alcohol just gives me gas. If I were to drink, they would probably be the realy girly, fruity drinks. So with those two things in mind, I usally choose to obstain. (For me it would be social suicide to drink.)

I like this article. Drinking is definatley a major problem on college campuses. I just don't think people know when to stop. Central Methodist had it's issues. Tailgating is a very popular thing at our football games as well. The students tailgat outside of the fence on the North West corner. To combat this, the school has put up a very dence black netting so that you can barely see the students from inside the stadium. I think that the netting works both ways. It's hard for those students to see the game.

I like the idea. I think that the focus should be on the athletic event and not alcohol anyway. There were always rumors that CMC had an opportunity to sign a contract with Budweiser. Who knows if that rumor is true, but if they had, I wonder if they too would be following suit and dropping the deal.

I guess we will have to wait and see if Mizzou will do the same.

Adam

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?