Wednesday, November 02, 2005

I Am a Woman

Ok...I'm going to let all of you in on a secret. Huuughghgmmm...I am turning into a woman. That's right. I'm scared. Here's the deal. For those of you that have none me for quite some time know that I used to be a man on NO emotions. I was never proud of this fact so to speak, that's just how it was. Well, thank the Lord I have found those lost emotions once again and I truly believe that the Lord has answered my prayer by giving me a heart of compassion. I don't say that to brag about myself, I say that to boast in the Lord. Anyway, I'm turning into a woman.

Quick story: While my parents were here something happend. I will give you the needed background info first though. I like to eat lunch at home. I have a job that allows me to do so. So...every day around noon I return home for some grub. Dru and I have not had cable for the entire time that we have lived in St. Joe until last Saturday. On this particular day we still didn't have cable. My folks were visiting one of the many sights in our boomeing metropolis and I was left with my grub and a drawer full of movies. I would say that Dru and I have a pleathura(?) of movies. I could have chosen a very manly flick like, Saving Private Ryan, or Gladiator, or The Patriot, or even The Terminator, but this isn't the case. I don't know if it was because the previous night we listened to Harry Conick, Jr.'s Christmas Album or what but I chose...HOPE FLOATS! As girly a movie as you can get. And gues what (here it comes) that's right, I cried!!! I couldn't help it. When the young girl told the grandma that she loved her and her grandma responds with "My cup over floweth." How could I not cry? I just kept thinking that we should all respond with "My cup over floweth." I kept thinking that God has blessed me with a beautiful wife, a loving family, a great job, and all that I could ever need and more. How could I not cry?

This is what I have decided: if all of this, meaning all these emotions, means that I am turning into a woman, then so be it. I am ok with that. Just don't expect me to wear tights. I don't think the massive calves could handle it. Maybe a skirt every now and then though...I kid, I kid.

Adam

Comments:
I'm not surprised - for several years now, you've looked like your mother did in the 70's (minus the facial hair, of course).
 
Hey, there's nothing wrong with men crying. It's about time you stepped out of that "no emotion" box of yours. Love you, Mom
 
Well well well...we're not so different, you and I.
 
I am shocked and appalled. You know I'm a fan of the film too and I don't have any real problem with romantic movies as such. But, Hope Floats!!! The oldest romance movie plot in the book. City girl comes back home and falls in love with the good-hearted local boy. Come on man. When we met, it was all Christopher Guest and Fight Club, now this. For shame....
Not about the girly movie, but about the quality of girly movie chosen. I mean, come on, you're not Mustoe!
B
 
Brad,

To clarify a bit...it wasn't the love story that got me. It was the fact that the little girl said, "My Cup Over Floweth." It's so true...Our cups do over floweth. Your right though...it is sad.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?