Thursday, January 26, 2006

Chantings Continued

Mitch and I were saying to each other that we're really beginning to look forward to the morning office. I too look forward to the evenings that I get to spend doing the Vespers with my wife and God.

I really find myself getting past the point of "feeling" silly and really trying and beginning to contemplate the words. My prayer is that the words begin to shape my heart from the inside out. The trick is to imply (wink wink Stephanie) this stuff to our lives rather than apply. We all know that walking around with a Christian t-shirt, silver cross, and never using "dirty" language doesn't automatically make us a disciple of Christ.

I'm not implying that doing the daily office is a sure fire way of becoming a disciple of Christ. Just like any ancient practice of Christianity, it is simply a tool to experience the presence and shaping of Christ in our lives.

If you have something that works for you, please don't hesitate to tell us.

Jesus taught us, saying: "The lamp of the body is the eye. It follows that if your eye is clear, your whole body will be filled with light. But if your eye is diseased, your whole body will be darkness. If then, the light inside you is darkened, what darkness that will be!"
Matthew 6:21-23

Protect us, Lord, as we stay awake; watch over us as we sleep, that awake we may watch with Christ, and asleep, rest in peace. Amen.

Blessings,
Adam

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?