Tuesday, January 24, 2006

The Daily Office

This morning went much better for those of you who care. I feel a bit bad about slamming on Mitch so hard. Sorry buddy. Fortunately this mornings office did not include The Gloria. I think Mitch and I should get together to practice it a bit before it comes up again.

On a side note, Vespers with Dru last night was good. We waited a little too late to get started. Dru was a bit tired and had a difficult time concentrating, as did I. Perhaps this evening we will begin earlier.

I am hoping to get this down before Lent is upon us. Mitch and I would really like to hold the office for anyone who would like to join us during the Lenten season. Morning, afternoon, and evening is our goal.

I will leave you with this mornings reading:

Jesus taught the disciples, saying: "Look, I am sending you out like sheep among the wolves; so be cunning as snakes and yet innocent as doves. Be prepared for people to hand you over to sanhedrins and scourge you in their synagogues. You will be brought before governors and kings for my sake, as evidence to them and to the gentiles. But when you are handed over, do not worry about how to speak or what to say; what you are to say will be given to you when the time comes, because it is not you who will be speaking; the Spirit of your Father will be speaking in you."

Matthew 10:16-20

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?