Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Off to India


"We live in a beautiful world. Yeah we do. Yeah we do." -Coldplay

As I stated in a previous post, I am going to have the opportunity to see more of this beautiful world this coming January. There are many cross-cultural opportunities here in this small town of Wilmore. Dru and I have had the wonderful opportunity to meet and befriend Leslie. We've had dinner several times and are hoping to get together one more time before he heads to India (Home) for the summer. I feel truly blessed to think that I am going to be able to visit his country this coming January. The only down side is that it is only going to be for two weeks.

Here's the deal though, in order for me to be able to go, I am going to need all of your help. Funds are a bit tight when you're in seminary full time. (Especially if your wife is the only on with a full time job and you're just moochin' of her the whole time.) The cost of the trip will be somewhere around $2,500 plus the cost of tuition for the 3 hour course that goes along with it. This brings the grand total to around $4,000. I know it sounded like a lot the first time I heard it too!

So, most of you that read this will be receiving a well typed letter in the future from your truly. It should explain all of the details. I know that we will be staying at an orphanage while we are there. We will be working with children, and some of us will have an opportunity to teach some divinity courses for the small seminary associated with the orphanage.

Pray for us. Pray that we are all able to raise the funds and that God blesses this trip. I can't hardly wait.

P.S.-Check Leslie's page. I have him linked in two places. His story fascinates me.

Comments:
That's sweet Adam, I would love to hear more about what you will be doing when you find out. steph
 
Whoo! Nice to know that you're not going to start worshipping Bessie the cow.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?